We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and treat the information confidentially with data protection principles and under the applicable laws.
We collect, process, use and/or share your personal data that you provide to us when using our Platforms. This includes information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, credit card details, travel document information or any other information that you provide via the platforms.
Scope of Terms
Information We Collect
We collect Information about you that you provide to us when using the Platforms and information about how you use the Platforms including when you open your user account ('User Account'), visit the Platforms or make reservations for any Service.
How We Use the Information
We may use the collected information through the Platforms to:
· Provide you with the requested services, such as creating a user account, processing and confirming your reservation, and communicating with you about services requested
· Send you marketing messages in the form of push notifications, text message about products and services that may be relevant to you
· Maintain and improve the Site, tailor the user experience, and for internal training
· Protect the security of you and the Platforms
· Exercising a right or obligation conferred or imposed by law, including responding to the request and legal demands
Sharing the Information
In connection with your visit to our Platforms and use of our services, we may share the information provided by you as follows:
· Tour & activity operators and/or third-party suppliers who provide services
· Third-party service providers who provide data processing services to use (e.g. web hosting), or who process personal information for purposes such as credit card and payment processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, to facilitate the delivery of online services and advertising tailored to your interests, and/or fraud prevention. Our third-party service providers will only process information as needed to perform their functions. They are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
· Our Affiliated Group Companies’ employees who have access to this information with our permission and who need to know or have access to this information to perform the service requested by you (including customer services) and internal (audit/compliance) investigations.
· Where Required or Permitted by Law - such as to protect ourselves against liability, to respond to subpoenas, judicial processes, legitimate requests, warrants or equivalent by law enforcement officials or authorities, to investigate fraud or other wrongdoing or as otherwise required or necessary in order to comply with applicable law, protect our legitimate interests or to the purchasers in connection with any sale, assignment, or other transfer of all or a part of our business or company. We may also, in compliance with applicable law, disclose your information to enforce or apply the terms and conditions applicable to our services or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Agoda, our users, or others.
· Business Reorganization - such as part of any sale, assignment or other transfer of our business, or transition of service to another provider. We will ask for your consent if required by applicable law.
Our Platforms use and allow third-parties to place cookies (session and persistent), pixels/tags, SDKs, application program interfaces ("APIs"), and other technologies (collectively, "Cookies") on our Platforms that collect and store certain information about you. Some of these Cookies are necessary to provide, secure, and maintain the Platforms to you, such as to keep you logged in while your visit our Platforms, while other Cookies are used to provide you with better user experience, such as:
· To personalize the services by remembering information about your activities on the Platforms (e.g., the language you selected or your log-in details);
· Perform website analytics, such as impression reporting, demographic reporting and interest reporting to improve our Site and services; and
· To provided you advertising tailored to your interest (see below for details)
You may always access, correct or delete your Personal Information through our Platforms via the user portal, under “My Account.” Alternatively, you may make your data access, correction or erasure request by sending your request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on December 26, 2018.